Saturday, August 20, 2011... A new beginning for Miranda.
Utah State University... Logan, Utah
While Miranda, Sarah and I went to the student building for check-in, Larry fed William his lunch on the lawn of the Student Living Center. Miranda received her room key and paperwork, and we did a thorough check of her room for damage and things that need to be fixed. Then, we started moving her into her apartment.
Miranda will be living in Jones' Hall for the next year.
She is rooming with one of her soccer pals, Jeanne.
Finding a place for everything is a difficult task for our girl!
We took a trip to Wal-Mart to buy some storage items to make the task a little bit easier.
Larry hooked up Miranda's laptop and printer and registered the internet.
After eight hours in Logan, it was time for goodbyes. What an emotional time! Larry and I discussed how it paralleled the day that we dropped Taylor off at the MTC.
Miranda gives Sarah a hug.
Ethan's turn.
William kept smiling at Mandy and giving her kisses.
Miranda in front of her apartment.
The happy smiles quickly turned to emotional overload.
Hugs and tears for Mom.
(I stayed composed until we walked out of the building.)
Loves and tears for Dad.
(He stayed composed until we got in the car.)
We know that this will be a wonderful experience for our oldest daughter. It does not make it any easier. She will probably never live full time in our home again, and the choices are now hers to make. We are here as her cheerleaders, confidants, and family. As we were driving out of Logan, Sarah said it the very best..."My heart hurts!" I know that the hurt will lessen, and we will be so excited every time we have the chance to see Miranda. Good luck, Sweet Princess Aranda!
2 comments:
We still can't believe she's in college! Her apartment looks pretty good though. It made my heart hurt a little to read about it.
Awwwwww! How sweet and sad all at the same time! I'm glad you blogged about it so I could get the full effect! I didn't think what an emotional weekend it must have been for you! I grew up so much that first year away from home, but it was hard to be away from family! Glad you all went up to say your "see you later's"!
Post a Comment