The emotions that come with preparing a child for a mission are incredible! I knew that the time would come when I would be overcome with emotion, but I really didn't think it would be until we were saying goodbye to Taylor at the MTC. This past Sunday, it happened, and it has happened every day since then. Taylor and Ethan bore testimony of the importance of missionary work and the great work Taylor will be doing in a couple of weeks. Taylor reminded us all that it was his last Fast Sunday before leaving for his mission. That was it... the tears started flowing! Tears again as he had his missionary pictures taken (we can't post those due to copyright) and as we shopped for things like toothpaste, razors, a laundry bag, and multivitamins.
Today, he helped me clean the office at home and watched Sarah as I went to the doctor. He offered to help with lunch. He left at the drop of a hat to help his friend jump his car. What am I going to do without my responsible Taylor? I am so proud of him and the work he will be doing. I know it is the right thing at this time in his life. Why is it so terribly difficult?
No comments:
Post a Comment