Thursday, March 31, 2011

Out Like a Lamb?

You know how the saying goes that March comes, "In like a lion and out like a lamb?" For our family, I believe things have been reversed. Oh, the weather is very "lamblike" today; how I wish that I could be outside enjoying a walk with little Will. But, as another month ends, we are battling yet another illness. William has been sick since Sunday with a terrible case of croup. I am praying that he doesn't end up back in the hospital. He is eating okay and is not dehydrated. The long days and nights of coughing, stuffiness, and being covered in mucus are getting old. My arms are aching from holding the little guy all day and night. I am not complaining; I just cannot wait for the season of illness to be over. I worry each and every time William coughs or sneezes. This is how we have spent the day today:

Other events that have happened in March:

Sarah competed in the Daybreak Elementary Science Fair. Her project was on how the sense of smell affects the way we taste flavors. She had a wonderful time completing the project, and her daddy was a huge help with it all!

Ethan auditioned for the Herriman High School Symphonic Band. He played a Benny Goodman piece for his audition. He is an awesome clarinet player! He found out today that he made it into the Symphonic Band and looks forward to his first "official" year in high school this next year.

Miranda attended the Bingham High School Prom with a delightful young man named Neal. The funny story: the guys in the group decided that they needed to move the time they would pick the girls up by one hour. They let them know that day. The problem for us...I was required to be at Parent Teacher Conferences until 4:15 and was planning to rush home to help Miranda get ready at that time. So, as a result of my absence, Miranda took little William to our Young Women's President's home to have her hair done and dress in her formal. Miranda then drove home, arriving at the same time as her date, and carried William from the car in his car seat while wearing her formal. I would have loved to have a picture of that! Obviously, Miranda is going to be a great multi-tasker when she becomes a mother! She left with Neal after Larry took some pictures. I wasn't even home yet. I felt like such a heal!


Taylor is enjoying his time in Argentina. He needs new shoes due to broken soles from all of the walking and wet, wet weather. He is a little frustrated that the work is not moving along more quickly, but he has a great attitude and only seven more months to go!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow! That post was jam packed with all sorts of incredible Mooreness!! I hope Will feels better soon. Congrats to Sarah and Ethan on their accomplishments. Hive fives to Miranda for scoring a hott date with the biggest gentleman around. And WHAT only 7 months left for Taylor? Where has the time gone? Awesome.